Sunday, December 1, 2013

Wow, Is it December already?

I really can't believe that November has flown by so fast!  It seems like we just had Halloween.  Oh well...I had a wonderful visit with family.  We spent a couple of days with my husband's mother.  She has been suffering from cancer for awhile now so we ate out for Thanksgiving diner.  Never have done that before, but it was nice to not have to do all that cooking and cleaning up.  We all came back and sat around, dozed and watched football.  Yep you heard me right.  I do love some football.  In fact I am watching the Titans and the Colts right now.

We spent Friday with my family here in Music City for family picture day.  All 18 of us!  It was quite a sight. My brother has four kids, with the oldest being in the first grade (and the news of the day...they are going to have their fifth!).  My sister has four kids. And me with two. This wasn't part of the professional pictures but my husband snapped this under the tree in the lobby. 

Just look at my beautiful daughters.
The one on the right is squatting down, she is six foot tall.

While I was the hills of Kentucky, the land of no internet and little phone service, I got busy and created some things. I finished my Elf unit right before I left, literally.  The family was sitting in the car waiting on me to finish up.  So in KY I finished a Gingerbread Fun product.  The little fish are going to have so much fun.  Here is a look at both of them.



The librarian is going to bring in the frozen box of The Elf on the Shelf to my room tomorrow, right after lunch.  I can't wait....what fun this is going to be.  We are going to be doing all kinds of fun learning with our elf next week.  I will do my best to snap some picture.  I am so not good about that.



The following week I will start my Gingerbread Unit.  We will be talking a lot about characters, settings, comparisons, beginning, middle, and end, and also retelling.  I made huge gingerbread characters last year.  I dug them out last Tuesday before I left for the holidays.  So they are all ready to go!  I can't wait!  Again I will work on the pictures..UGH!  I have to get better at this.  It is just posted everywhere, hehe.



I hope you all had as wonderful of a Thanksgiving break as I did.  Y'all keep swimming out there!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover