Monday, November 4, 2013

Yes, it is me again!  I know 2 days in a row, WOW!


I took my camera out today and took some snap shots.  I didn't get to my scarecrows last week so I finished up today.  My kids loved the book "The Little Scarecrow Boy" by Margret Wise Brown.  I made a giant scarecrow with 6 crows (which I didn't get a picture of) and we found all the ways to make 6.  They really had to think, but loved counting the crows on each arm.  We made addition equations with how many crows were on each of his arms.  It was inspired by Scarecrow Unit: TONS of Math, Literacy, & Writing Activities! by A Spoonful of Learning.  Link below.


After we completed the math, we did a circle map about scarecrows.  Then completed a tree map of what 
scarecrows can, have, and are. 

See, I did take pictures.  They then took the tree map, pick one from each category, and  wrote sentences. We are working on spacing, capitalizing the first letter of the sentence, and punctuation at the end.  And of course the actual doing it.  Whew!  Enough to wear you out.  


They are trying so hard.  This is our third attempt.  I am pleased with their progress.  WELLLLLL.....the crazy flip flop teacher decided that she should use Greg's (Smedley's Smorgasbord) scarecrow from his glyph.  I am not sure what I was thinking after a weekend of Halloween candy and them being exhausted at the end of the day with the time change...but we did it.  Take a look!


Yep that is 20 of them.  All 20 little fish were there today and that was 80 arms and legs to fold.  Whew yet again.  But they worked so hard.  We had a brain break after this.  Shh don't tell, I think it was more for me than them, hehe.  But most of all, we had fun and they were learning.  

Just keep Swimming out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover