Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Day after the 4th.

I hope y'all had a wonderful 4th of July!  I know I did even in the rain.  It poured all day here and was cold.  I don't ever remembering a 4th of July where I had to wear a sweatshirt all day.  What is up with that?  This is the south!  But I spent it with wonderful friends and again good music at the boat dock.  I love summer, wait I don't think you heard me...I LOVE SUMMER!


Here is the hubs on the mando and a couple of our friends.  What fun!

I spend the morning with another dear friend.  We were celebrating our birthdays.  Mine is the first and hers is the eighth.  We had a great breakfast at Crackle Barrel and then went shopping at Target and Big Lots.  Look at my finds!


I love the big tote.  Just the right size for my clipboards.  And the rolling cart, $28 at Big Lots, what a deal.  I picked up 3M hooks for $2.80 for 2 of them, for my headphones.  Batteries for my teach timer for $2.00, WOW.  Look at that green duck tape for my line!  And some colored masking tape.  I know I really didn't need that, but it was so darn cute.  And that pencil pouch to show the little fish and parents the kind I want them to get for notes and money.  All that at Big Lots.  What a find!  

Target had the write on pockets, that I had wished I had bought more of last year, for $1.00.  Playdough cutters for the beginning of the year center learning.  And a folder to show the kind I want them to get at preview night.

Can you tell how excited I am?  So tempted to sneak over to the school and put it away, but the boat is calling my name, so it will wait until another day.  I am just loving the aqua and bright green colors.  That mixed with a bit of orange, my favorite color, and my room is so cheery.

I created a new book about Maddie night before last.  I have had a lot of good responses about it.  This one features the next two sight words in the Journey reading series, the & and.  I was talking about it to my friend over breakfast and someone was listening and wouldn't stop talking about it.  Hehe, she was older and went on and on about her dogs and thought I had the cutest idea. She was so sweet.  That is what the South is all about.  Conversations with strangers that make you smile.


Well here it is.  Click here to get it and enjoy!

Have a great weekend and keep swimming!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover